School Closures in Bad Weather
At Warmsworth Primary School, we aim to keep our school open wherever possible to ensure children and their learning come first, and to support our parents and community.
However, if the headteacher feels the weather may put children and adults at risk, we will take appropriate steps to minimise this.
The steps taken may include:
- Opening school as normal with minimum disruption to registration;
- Close the school when it is not safe to open.
If a decision is taken to close the school a number of factors will have been taken into consideration before making any decisions relating to school opening/closure including:
- Current weather conditions
- Forecast conditions up to school closing times
- Availability of staff
- Availability of key non-teaching staff (premises and catering)
- Possibility of injury
If the decision is made to close the school there are 4 ways parents can find out about the school being closed:
- We will send a message on our School Spider app and via email - please make sure we have your most up-to-date contact numbers, (please be aware that messages can be delay coming through when the proivider is busy)
- Updates will be posted on the school website.
- Updates will be posted on our social media sites
- Listen to Trax FM 107.1 and 107.9 or check their website www.traxfm.co.uk
If it does snow, but we feel that it is still safe to open/remain open, please send your child(ren) in suitable clothing so that they can make the most of the weather and go outside to play during break times.
Below is a link that you may find useful.